[TenTec] Omni VI shuts down on Transmit

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI shuts down on Transmit
From: "W8KZW" <w8kzw@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:07:03 -0400
Please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered previously on
the list, but this is my first post so hopefully I have some "newbie"
leeway!

I just acquired a used Omni VI and matching power supply to love and hold
dear in a prime position in the shack.  Receive is great, but both the rig
and the power supply shut down after about 10 watts out.  I tried another
power supply from my Corsair II, and it did the same thing.

Thinking it might have something to do with the proximity of the rig to the
power supply, I hooked up a 15 amp bench PS and gave it a shot.  Sure
enough, lots more output, but only for a few seconds.  Now it all
immediately shuts down when I go key-down in any mode!

So, out of the frying pan into the fire.  I'm hopeful someone on the list
can save me some time in troubleshooting here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

73,
Jeff
W8KZW