Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and non TT Amp

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and non TT Amp
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:28:28 -0600
Do keep in mind that replacing 811's with 572's will only allow the amp to
perform to the limit of the power supply as designed for 811's.  In practice
there is no advantage unless one desires to stress the power supply beyond
its design rating.

Yes, running the 572's at the lower voltage will greatly extend their life.
As to pushing the current higher on the 572's than the 811's to get more
output, one only has to wonder how long the power supply will last.

73
Bob, K4TAX