Re: [TenTec] For Sale Omni A/B and power Supply

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] For Sale Omni A/B and power Supply
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:34:54 -0800
There's the double whammy of the low side LO, from 9068kHz to 9168kHz
through the 17m band, being injected into the mixer at 13dBm and then
leaking sidebands into the IF. Nothing like having a -20dBm signal
just a 100kHz away from the IF.

It is possible (just, IMHO) to change the crystal to high side and
fiddle with the tuning in the output of the LO mixer to get high side
injection. As Gerry says then you have to use the reverse sideband to
get USB.

You can see this was a radio that was designed to be an old
"harmonic" band radio with a hack for the WARC bands. They did fix
this on later rigs. Still a good radio though (I have one!).