Re: [TenTec] 227 Tuner Replacement

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 227 Tuner Replacement
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:36:13 +0000
With TenTec, you should stay with a 229-series or a 238. Mine have a huge range
and tune most antennas. I love both. Other than that, my best tuner is a
Palstar AT5K, but that's definitely overkill. I don't use an amp. The higher
power rigs can prove to be less lossy due to heavier wiring. Besides, you don't
know what the future brings, so buy a big one.
Dave
WA3MKB

From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>