Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems
From: "Phil Zminda" <phil-z@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:53:56 -0500
Steve,

If you operate a lot of cw with the Corsair, eventually you'll find that
there is a distinct warble as you tune a cw note. I always found it very
annoying. A rebuild will fix it, but it will come back. I wasn't a real
active operator while I had the Corsair, so it may be less likely if you are
on more frequently and keep the PTO exercised. After two or three rebuilds
over the 17 or so years I owned the Corsair II, I finally went digital with
a Jupiter. I didn't find the Jupiter as good on cw as the Corsair and now
have an Omni VI opt 3, which is a great radio. You may never notice the
problem. Good luck with the Corsair II, it has one of the all-time great
receivers and very good audio.

Phil N3ZP