Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: <w6fg@pacbell.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "DAVID HELLER" <dtx@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:54:54 -0500
I guess the new meaning of R is:  I hear you. -- Fact of  life:  the slower
the sending the more the repeats.  I try to demonstrate practice to the
blessed ones trying hard to keep CW active by sending to them slowly,
precisely and with no repeats.  Sometimes they catch on.  And the inevitable
commas, periods - and the longer the state name the more likely to be
spelled out in full.  But anything that will help increase the ranks of CW
ops is worth it.  Anyone can talk  -  but good CW has to be learned, and if
I could learn anyone can - and become a real radio operator.
On the positive side, a good friend on the ARRL staff in CT says that since
no-code started there's been a significant increase in queries and request
for study materials, the presumption being that if something is not forced
on someone they're more likely at least to investigate and give it a try.
Whatever works,  -- etc. K3TX