Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...
From: Alan Sewell <alan.n5na@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:09:25 -0600
With all the posts about the IP address I decided to check my Omni VII
to see what the deal is.

I found can set any of the radio IP addresses or G8way IP addresses
anywhere between to  Also, I noticed mine
doesn't have 001 or 002 it just has 1 or 2, no leading zeros.

I'm running the lastest firmware and bootloader as well.

Mine is one of the early Omni VII's so maybe there's a hardware difference.

Alan  N5NA

Jeff Iddings wrote:
> Good evening all!
> Is it just me, does the IP setup in the Omni VII not allow you to set an
> octet of 0? E.g. When I get to the 3rd octet and turn the
> multi knob all the way to the left or right, the lowest number is 001
> and the highest is 255. What gives? Latest firmware, latest boot loader.
> Any advice would be fantastic!
> Thanks!
> Jeff - W4GPL
> Brand new Omni VII owner...