Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:35:11 -0500
As another poster noted, some home routers do assign zeros in the third
spot, contrary to usual custom.  Others do not.

Reconfiguring the local non-routable address block used from 192.168.0.xxx
to 192.168.1.xxx is a trivial task, as you know.  I often change mine for a
variety of reasons.

That said, it would be nice if zeros were available, as I stated before.

Its also a shame that some of these newer, less expensive home networking
devices have departed from standard practice.  Not that it is inherently
bad, but it is unhelpful.  We as technical people can appreciate the value
of standards in design.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ