[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TenTec] Fw: question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: question
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Reply-to: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:26:34 -0600
List-post: <mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
The RCA termination connectors are to ease your adding proper isolation 
between the sound card and the radio.  Modem transformers make a good 
isolation means, or you can use the Radio Shack 500 ohm/ 1000 ohm to 8 ohm 
transformer between the sound card output and the rig.

Generally, you don't want the rig ground to end up on the sound card ground. 
(Which might also be the computer ground).

One local club member makes these up with RCA plugs on plastic boxes 
salvaged from Scotch electrical tape.  Altoids tins are another suitable 
enclosure for small transformers, and an RCA connector mounts easily to the 

TenTec mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>