Re: [TenTec] question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] question
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:39:34 -0600
Stuart's point is well taken.

I bring a 30 amp 230 volt 4 wire service to the ham shack or operating
position, being L1, L2, Neutral and Ground.  The 230 volt service is for the
various power amps, 3 at present, and I plug in the amp being used to the
single 230 volt outlet.  The 115 volt legs, L1 & L2,  are then divided to a
quad group of duplex outlets.  Thus they share the same neutral and same 3
rd pin ground. The computer is on one side of the line, L1 as well as one of
the 2 HF stations,  while the Tentec Omni VII radio power supply is on the
other leg L2 along with some other stuff i.e. VHF / UHF station power
supplies and etc.  Since they all share the same neutral and ground there
are no ground loops or current differential issues.

I've found that proper planning and wiring are the key to success in clean
power and lightning protection.

73
Bob, K4TAX