Re: [TenTec] Insertion loss

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Insertion loss
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:34:45 +0000
Bernie's suggestion is a good one Jim - you might try just a touch of
contact cleaner on the filter pins and several insertion cycles to try
and remove oxidation.

You could also jumper the 500hz filter slot with a ceramic capacitor
(.01-.1uF) to check that the slot is working, or try the 500hz filter
in the 250hz slot just as an experiment to see if that resolves the
attenuation problem (the slots are compensated specifically for the
indicated filters but this will result in just a tad extra gain with
the 500 in the 250 slot).

73,
Barry N1EU