Re: [TenTec] TT 526 6n2

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 526 6n2
From: "Steve Muldoon" <N8KOM@wowway.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:37:46 -0500
Hi Andy,

I have a 526 and experienced a strong birdie around the same frequency (more
or less) which lined up on the 146.640 repeater output in my area and
required me to run the squelch at about 1-2 o'clock on the knob.  I opened
the rig, slightly tightened the PCB board grounding screws, and may have
moved the routing on one of the internal cable interconnects a bit further
away from the PCB.  I also saw an internal connector with some small ferrite
beads on the wires (3) and moved the beads as close to the PCB end of the
connection / connector as possible.  Maybe none of this did anything, but
afterward, the birdie was virtually gone, nowhere near as strong (was S5 no
antenna - now is almost not perceptible).

Just my 2 cents, particularly if it was a recent purchase and was shipped /
bumped around - check the tightness / contacts of the PCB ground

73 - Steve N8KOM