Re: [TenTec] rs232 port wont wor´k at paragon I

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] rs232 port wont wor´k at paragon I
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:35:32 -0500
Hello, Marc. I have a 585 Paragon with a Geihl chip and the RS-232 board and
they work just fine together. The only difference is that the Geihl chip
requires sending <ENTER> before and after frequency setting numbers because
it adds band stacking registers and sending frequency numbers without the
leading <ENTER> just switch from band to band. Sending the request for radio
info is the same and the format of the information received is the same so
older logging programs like HyperLog work fine with the Geihl chip.

If you are losing your display when the RS-3 board is installed, I would
expect that board has a serious problem. I would remove it and check it for
shorts. I know I had a minor problem with my RS-232 board when I picked it
up used as it would not oscillate and failed to work. Checking with Ten Tec,
I found there was a later mod to improve the crystal oscillator adding a
single resistor. When I did that the board has worked fine ever since.

=Vic=
WA4THR