Re: [TenTec] Headphone Monitoring of Sent CW on Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphone Monitoring of Sent CW on Orion
From: "Wayne Whitman" <wwhitman@fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:15:38 -0600
Hi Ron - I am also using an Orion II.  Have used several types of
external keyers with no problems.
I just set the s-tone volume via the pushbutton/multi knob on the Orion
II front panel and I can hear what's sent with either speaker or
headphones plugged into the front panel.

What are your settings for the 'audio' control?
Let me know if you can't get it to work.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:14:39 -0500, "RM" <royalct@inr.net> said:
> Ok, I have an Orion II and getting back in to CW after many years.
>
> How does one monitor sent CW via headphones plugged into the Orion with
> an
> external keyer?
>
> I have not found any discussion in the Orion's Manual, which addresses
> this.
>
> This is very important that I hear both receive and sent code through the
> headphones, plugged into the Orion, as the 'natives' (young adults and
> wife)
> of the house are about to throw me outside into the snow.
>

> Ron / NU1U
Wayne
K4ELO
k4elo@fastmail.fm