Re: [TenTec] ORION II CW pile up readability

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION II CW pile up readability
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:39:22 -0500
The procedure as you outlined it essentail turns off AGC and puts you in a
completely manual AGC mode.  This is how my old Collins 75A1 (circa 1949)
has to be run to listen to SSB and CW.  I would not want to use a receiver
with manual gain again.  The AGC slope feature was added to solve this.  You
can set it up to make weaker signals have less volume.  This setting in in
the RX menu.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain