Re: [TenTec] Jupiter w A/T ettings for Digital (PSK31)Communications

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter w A/T ettings for Digital (PSK31)Communications
From: Henry Mackey <kb9cqo@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:44:52 -0500 (EST)
Hello Jim,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with your system. I'll have to fire mine up
again as I have not been on digital mode since September of last year, but I've
not had the problems you've been through.

My system is a Jupiter using a LDG AT-11 Auto Tuner fed to a G5RV. I likewise
use the Donner Digital Interface and have been using that setup since Feb.
2004.  But like I said before I have to fire my system up again and see exactly
how I did it as my memory is a bit fuzzy.

But there is something I haven't gotten straight. My Donner's Interface
connects to the sound card, not the USB port. So I went to Donner's website,
but failed to find the interface that connected to the USB port. Would you
kindly help me out here? I also have another dumb question, and I admit my
questions usually do turn out to be dumb, but what is Digital Master 780?

As soon as I get time I'll look further for these answers myself too.

By the way, several hams on the air told me that I wanted to see no or very
little ALC activity. So this I have tried to maintain. But I have also been
reading up on why I don't want ALC and it makes no sense to me.

In the mean time if you have your system working correctly then great, you
really don't need to reply to this email. Good luck!

73 de Henry/n9hm