[TenTec] Orion (I) bandscope locking up

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion (I) bandscope locking up
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:11:18 -0500
I have been using my original Orion for some years now and (after the first
week) have never had
the problem of the radio going dead (no signals heard on open band) until this
past ARRL DX fone
contest weekend.  I'm using 1.372  because it has always worked  great and the
speech processing
is superb.

But, I did something I've never done before.  Because of some crackling sounds
on one beverage
antenna, I used the software NB (which did a superb job of making things
totally readable on 160m)
in conjunction with the speech processor and the band scope.  It probably
locked up a half dozen
times over the weekend. A quick power off/power on cycle always cleared things
up.  BTW, I had
done a master reset before the contest started. Sometimes, but I'm not sure
about everytime, I
also had the software NR button feature on, which helped in pulling out those
incredibly weak
staions on 10m.

Still very happy, and no intention on upgrading to another version of the
software at this time.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9