[TenTec] OmniV and PSK31 -- any experience to be shared

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OmniV and PSK31 -- any experience to be shared
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:14:01 +0000
I run my Omni V on all digital modes, including PSK31. It will run 100W
RTTY into a well-behaved antenna without problem.

You will probably find that CAT (computer assisted tuning) won't work
with the Omni V because of its non-standard protocols. You will have to
log the frequencies and modes manually.

I put up with this for some time and then I upgraded the ROM with Carl
Moreschi's (N4PY) ROM which, among other things, enables the COM port on
the Omni V to behave properly. He then calls the rig an Omni V.9.

I use MixW for all my digital modes, as well as CW when I'm feeling
lazy, hi hi!

73

Bob Towers MM0RKT