Re: [TenTec] ARGONAUT V Mobile Power Source

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARGONAUT V Mobile Power Source
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:18:40 -0500
One of these products will kill all alternator noise.   Requires
installation at the alternator.

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/detail.asp?product_id=NE1103 I

If the source is from the electric fuel pump then a filter will have to be
placed at the leads of the pump.  Likely requires dropping the gas tank to
add the filter.  Other things like wiper motor noise will require filtering
at the motor.  Where else and what is the source of the noise?  I don't know
that there is a one stop add on filter that will take care of all of the
noises generated in vehicles today.

There's basically two noise paths:  (a) noise on the DC line, most likely
alternator noise,  and (b) radiated noise generated by devices like motors,
switches, fuel injectors, ABS pumps, AC motors, and computers within the
vehicle.  (A) is easy to solve with one of the Newmar filters.  (B) requires
finding the source and adding a suitable filters to each device very close
to the source.

73
Bob, K4TAX