Re: [TenTec] Omni-6 rotary encoder

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-6 rotary encoder
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:41:21 -0700
May be a loose connector behind the faceplate where the encoder talks
to the processor, I'd check that first.  You can test your own encoder
by switching the connector from the RIT control over to the main
tuning, they should do about the same thing.  If the RIT control works
to change your frequency while the main encoder fails, you have the
answer :-)  Been there.

Clark
WA3JPG

On Apr 13, 2008, at 6:06 AM, Doug wrote:

> When I spin the tuning knob on my O-6, the frequency doesn't change.
> RIT
> works fine, and keypad entry works fine also.  Should I be looking for
> a new
> encoder, or could it be something else?
>
> 73, Doug W5GA

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.