Re: [TenTec] Knife switch

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Knife switch
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:38:13 -0600
Rob,

I use banana plugs to terminate the line from my Center Fed Zepp, and to insert
a 40 meter quarter wave line in series with the main feed line for cases where
the line impedance is not one my tuner likes.  I run 600 watts out of an SB200
through them and they work just fine.

Why not arrange to ground your feedline and your inverted L when you are not
using them?  Even a simple rod driven into the ground with an attachment for
three banana plugs would be better than just letting the antennas float during
a thunderstorm.  You could also make "spark gaps" for them that would arc to
ground if they were charged to a very high potential.

Jim, W8KGI