[TenTec] HL-100BDX amp repair

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] HL-100BDX amp repair
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:52:17 EDT
Hi,

This is for those Argonaut owners who may be using, or considering, the Tokyo
Hy-Power HL-100BDX RF-switched 100W amp.

I inadvertently fried my HL-100BDX a few weeks ago while trying to load it
into a new antenna.  I called HRO, Tokyo Hy-Power's exclusive US distributor,
and was told to send the amp back to THP in Japan.  I had purchased it directly
from THP since HRO does not carry that model.

I then e-mailed THP and was happy to learn that the amp is covered by a
one-year, no-questions-asked warranty.  Parts and labor are free, but the
customer
pays shipping both ways.  It wasn't cheap to ship it, but I packed it up and
sent it back to the land of sushi.

The repairs are now completed. two final transistors, a diode and a capacitor
later.  Turnaround time in their shop, from arrival to return shipping: 7
business days.

I wish some other Japanese manufacturers could do as well.

73 Ray W2RS