[TenTec] Omni D series B

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D series B
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <kb9lie@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:37:39 -0500
Mike I have an Omni C. I used if for many years before upgrading to a Corsair
II.

The drive setting on mine is not the same for every band. On SSB you want the
alc light to come on, on voice peaks. If it is lit all the time that you are
talking you have the drive set too high.

Ask someone that you have in QSO to give you some feed back on voice quality.
If you have the drive set too high you will sound muffled (for lack of better
description) and be hard to understand.

The Omni is a great rig. Especially on CW. On CW set the drive to where the alc
just barely comes on when you key it.

For a new ham this has to be one of the best rigs out there for the money, and
could not be simpler to operate.

Good luck 73
Paul K9OT