Re: [TenTec] Cheap cw rig

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Cheap cw rig
From: "John Cox" <jecox@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:04:05 -0500
Hi Gerald
 I have heard of the airport but I didn't know that there was a collection
of airplanes up there.  I had a 1932 Cabin Waco biplane that I traded for my
Cub and talked to a couple of guys up there when I was in the process of
selling it.
  I have a Collins 75S-3C That I have almost working, A 32S-1 that I haven't
looked at yet because  its power supply  is waiting on me to recap and relay
it and a 30S-1 that needs to be tested.  I didn't have the 4 wire 220 that I
needed for the 30S-1 when I was in the barn but I wired my garage and office
for it and am looking at it right now.  What a beauty.
I will probably sell the 32S-1 and find a round emblem 32S-3 to go with the
30S-1.  The 30s-1 is one of the cross over units that was drilledfor the
winged emblem and then shipped with a round emblem.  I learned after buying
the 32S-1 that they were not a very good CW transmitter and I hope to do a
lot of CW when I get them going.    I am afraid that the 75S-3 has a band
switch problem that may be hard to fix.
I am going to use the 30S-1 with my Omni VI in the interem.  I have one of
the interface boxes that came with it and the 21 foot cable so it should
work ok.I will have to look into why they required the cable.
 73, John kc0yai