Re: [TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to computer ---direct--- how?

To: alan.n5na@gmail.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to computer ---direct--- how?
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:03:12 -0400
Yes!!!!

I have the computer's IP address set as 169.254.51.222
the radio's IP as 192.168.1.123 (default for me)

according to windows the ethernet card is working.
according to windows I have a connection between the rig and the
computer

when I try to "connect to the omni VII" nothing happens.

If I click on "OK" on the setup screen, the ONE plug software just up
and quits

IF I click on send the data to the radio on the main screen, I get a
runtime error 6 "overlfow"

Nothing seems to be working

running windows XP with plenty of bang...
Using a "orange" cross over ethernet cable that is brand new from
best buys.

Downloaded and the uploaded the newest version of software for the radio
downloaded and running the newest one plug gui software

I' be stuck!!

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced