Re: [TenTec] Sticky, goopy stick-on feet

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sticky, goopy stick-on feet
From: "Marshall Stewart KA5M" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:20:57 -0500
Goo Gone can work miracles

Marshall Stewart KA5M

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Ken Brown
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:08 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] Sticky, goopy stick-on feet

Yuck! My Omni VI had some extra stick-on feet. Looks like a previous
owner may have used a narrow shelf, and had the back of the rig hanging
over, necessitating the extra feet a few inches forward of the regular
feet. One of these feet was sticky liquid and made a big mess on my desk
top and the bottom of the rig. The other was also gummy, but not liquid.

I have never had this problem before, except in the past couple of
years. Only two things I can think of  have changed in the last couple
of years. One is that I am using Ten-Tec gear, and the other is that I
live in Hawaii. I wonder if there is some kind of chemical reaction that
occurs with the paint Ten-Tec uses and these stick-on feet? Or is the
climate here is the cause? Is this problem common to all brands of stick
on rubber feet? Or are there good brands that don't do this?

DE N6KB