Re: [TenTec] Need Circuit Breaker for Century 22

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need Circuit Breaker for Century 22
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:41:20 -0600
On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 12:59 -0400, Cal Cotner wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I recently bought a Century 22, and I'd like to acquire one of
> the fast acting circuit breakers used with it so I may power the
> Century 22 from a battery.  The Ten Tec part number of this breaker
> is 1179.  If anyone has a spare one of these breakers, I'd be
> interested in buying it.  AIRPAX was the manufacturer of these
> circuit breakers, and an equivalent AIRPAX device would also suit me
> just fine.  FWIW, the characteristics of the required circuit breaker
> are 5.00 Amps continuous current, with a trip current of 6.25
> Amperes.  The AIRPAX trip characteristic I'd need is, I believe,
> either "0" or "1".
> 73,
> Cal K4JSI

There are vendors selling Airpax that may help. A google search on
Airpax fast breakers might turn up a surplus source. There are many
packages with the same speed of operation.

For my Corsair II, I've been successful in protecting the PA with fast
acting fuses chosen to be run close to their blowing point. For that
nominally 20 amp circuit I use a 16 amp automotive type MTA fuse. So for
the Century 22, a 4 amp fast acting fuse would be appropriate. Something
in a miniature or large automotive fuse or type AGC or ABC.

73, Jerry, K0CQ