Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's
From: "Ron Zond" <k3miy@csonline.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:43:27 -0400
Marinus, Rick and others

I agree with both sides of the coin. It depends on what the generations
regard as valuable
skills. If the younger folks think that learning code is of value, they will
do it. A friend's ten year
old granddaughter wants to learn the code. I have no doubt that she will do
it. I also have no doubt
that she has some skill with a computer. By learning code she will add to
the skills she has. From what
I have observed, the younger generation is not  lazy; they aren't allowed to
find out that
they have ability. The fault lies with the curriculum designers\developers,
not the teachers.
A real test of how quickly young people can adapt, is to shut down the
Internet, and tell them to read
assigned material from books. You might be surprised how quickly they adapt.
73

Ron
K3MIY