Re: [TenTec] Antenna Tuners...questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna Tuners...questions
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:34:12 -0700
When we did some remodeling, my station got moved to a room without direct
access to the outside, but I was able to run 400 ohm feeders thru an inside
wall well away from other wiring...went from the inside wall, down
underneath the house and then thru the old wooden siding for outside access.
The hf ant is a loop fed with homebrew 600ohm feeders.
One thing I have yet to try is running a pair of 75 ohm, with both coaxal
shields tied together, with the shields grounded in the shack...in lieu of
the 400 ohm feeders...to the outside 600 ohm feeders.
I use a Palstar BT1500A double L balanced transmatch in the shack...that
give me 80 thru 10 meters on the 230 ft horizontal loop with a decent match.
I don't run an afterburner...just barefoot at most 100 watt output.
Wonder if using 75 ohm satellite reciever cable will suffice for shielded
twin lead? The run would be less that 25 ft for the shielded twin lead.