[TenTec] Omni VI S-Meter lighting

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI S-Meter lighting
From: Hamdriver66@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 05:29:37 EDT
Having been an Omni VI owner for several months, I have really enjoyed
operating a fine CW rig.  I have noticed that the S-meter lighting is a
somewhat
dim for my liking, though.  Thought I would pass along a trick I  tried to
increase the brightness without going to the trouble of converting to  LED's.
It
is easy to do and is reversible.
I noticed my wife's make-up "compact" had a mirror just about the same size
as the S-meter and I asked her to save it for me when the make-up was  gone.
I used a Dremel tool to cut away the plastic, leaving just the  mirror,
removed the top of the Omni, and "Velcroed" the mirror to the  metal divider
just
behing the S-meter.  (Other methods of attaching the  mirror could be tried,
but I am a big fan of Velcro!)
This reflects the light forward, giving a noticeable increase in brightness
and costs next to nothing.
73, Mike  K4KJC

favorites at AOL Food.