Re: [TenTec] [Ten-Tec] Low Pass Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Ten-Tec] Low Pass Filter
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:43:50 -0600
On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 17:07 -0500, Donald L.Schliesser wrote:
> Can someone recommend a commercially made Low Pass Filter (1.8 - 30
> MHz.) capable of legal limit power ?  Which is the best in your experience ?
>
> Thanks.  Donald K6RV

Far as I can tell, they all work fine. Be sure to keep the coax between
the filter and the transmitter short for best harmonic rejection. They
aren't really hard to build using classic constant K and M derived
segment designs from 50+ years ago. More modern filter designs demand
closer tolerances on parts and operating with higher circulating
currents but use fewer parts while sometimes introducing a larger SWR
change through the filter.

73, Jerry, K0CQ