[TenTec] Orion 565 Oscillator frequency problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 565 Oscillator frequency problem
From: Rob Santello <K6DQ@drumon.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:04:12 -0700
Hello group,

   I've lately noticed my Orion 565 is way off frequency and drifting
during warm-up. These measurements were taken at 80 degree room
temperature beating against WWV on both 15 and 20 MHz.

Initial turn on:
15 MHz WWV: 14.999.968
20 MHz WWV: 19.999.956

45 Minutes into  warm-up:
15 MHz WWV: 14.999.946
20 MHz WWV: 19.999.928

1hr 30 Minutes into  warm-up:
15 MHz WWV: 14.999.939
20 MHz WWV: 19.999.919

3 hours into  warm-up:
15 MHz WWV: 14.999.936
20 MHz WWV: 19.999.914

So my questions are:
1. Does it look like the TCXO has a problem or might it be something else?
2. Will adjusting the oscillator fix the frequency problem and
somehow positively affect the drifting as well?
3. If the TCXO is bad, can the TCXO be replace at home or do  I need
to send it to Ten-Tec (and hopefully get any needed updates too)

Thanks for any help, suggestions  and information.
--rob--
K6DQ