Re: [TenTec] Low Pass Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Low Pass Filter
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 17:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
Who had the RFI problem on 160M 70 miles away?  Sounds more like the TV shield
and connector not properly installed and grounded.

When I make these connector up with RG6 I strip the cable  right down to the
center conductor with about 1/2 of the center conductor sticking out.  Then I
cut back a little more than 1/8 inch of the outer jacket and not touching the
braid.  This is the important part, I fold back the braid over the outer jacket
and I crimp the connector.  This also work on the 2 piece connectors as well.
Makes those annoying diagonal black bars disappear every time.  Most installers
I have seen do not give a hoot cause it takes to much time, they just jamb it
in and crimp.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD