Re: [TenTec] Low Pass Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Low Pass Filter
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:15:11 -0600
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 17:31 -0700, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> Who had the RFI problem on 160M 70 miles away?  Sounds more like the TV
> shield and connector not properly installed and grounded.

I read that as the TV was local to the 160 meter station, but the
interference only showed when the TV viewer tried to watch a TV station
70 miles away.

> When I make these connector up with RG6 I strip the cable  right down to the
> center conductor with about 1/2 of the center conductor sticking out.  Then I
> cut back a little more than 1/8 inch of the outer jacket and not touching the
> braid.  This is the important part, I fold back the braid over the outer
> jacket and I crimp the connector.  This also work on the 2 piece connectors
> as well.  Makes those annoying diagonal black bars disappear every time.
> Most installers I have seen do not give a hoot cause it takes to much time,
> they just jamb it in and crimp.

Lots of F connectors are put on badly, and some can't be put on good. At
least when one defines good as having a shield connection.

>  Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

73, Jerry, K0CQ