Re: [TenTec] DX radios and Antennas

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DX radios and Antennas
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:39:48 EDT
Yes, the antenna is very important... I woud like to move to a location where
I can put up a better antenna. Meanwhile, I use the rigs I have with the
Alpha Delta 40-10 multiband dipole at 35 feet and it works pretty darn well. A
long time ago (1968) I had a Mosley TA33-40K on a 75 foot telex tower and a
couple of dipoles for 160 and 80.

Some day I would like that again. I was out of Ham Radio for 25 years, then
after we moved to the country I got inerested again, got my Extra and am having
fun.

But, I bought a house in an antenna restricted 12 home addition in the
country before all that happened. I have 5 acres, but can't have much of an
antenna.
Sad.

I am looking to downsize and at the same time fix that problem in the next
year or so.

Hey... about the time the bands will start hopping again!

73,
Lee