Re: [TenTec] DX radios and Antennas

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DX radios and Antennas
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:51:28 -0400
lee, if you can have a small tower or even a 30ft push up pole - get a
cushcraft MA5B mini beam - it looks a bit bigger than a large TV yagi, but its
one hell of an antenna for its size. you can turn it with a medium size TV
rotor.

john> From: Kc9cdt@aol.com> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:39:48 -0400> To:
tentec@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TenTec] DX radios and Antennas> > Yes, the
antenna is very important... I woud like to move to a location where > I can
put up a better antenna. Meanwhile, I use the rigs I have with the > Alpha
Delta 40-10 multiband dipole at 35 feet and it works pretty darn well. A > long
time ago (1968) I had a Mosley TA33-40K on a 75 foot telex tower and a > couple
of dipoles for 160 and 80.> > Some day I would like that again. I was out of
Ham Radio for 25 years, then > after we moved to the country I got inerested
again, got my Extra and am having > fun.> > But, I bought a house in an antenna
restricted 12 home addition in the > country before all that happened. I have 5
acres, but can't have much of an antenna. > Sad.> > I am looking to downsize
and at the same time fix that problem in the next > year or so.> > Hey... about
the time the bands will start hopping again!> > 73,> Lee> > > **************>
Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on
AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&amp;>