Re: [TenTec] The Left-handed VI+

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Left-handed VI+
From: "DAVID HELLER" <dtx@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:29:48 -0400
The saga of KlSRR is one more reason for all hams to learn CW - before it's
too late!   And when we hear one whose sending is a bit fuzzy at times we
have to learn to bear with it until we KNOW it's a real lid and not someone
disabled.  We probably have all known more than one like that.  I remember
K3KTH (SK) on the traffic nets.  Sending a bit slow and often just plain out
of control.  Finally met him.  Wheelchair-bound, arms restrained, cerebral
palsy;  speech almost intelligible; sending by foot.  Super-intelligent and
we learned to send QRQ to him, no problem.  KA2ZOR, passed his extra with no
accomodation (back in the 20 wpm era).  Was way over 70 then, I believe.
Totally blind, totally deaf.  CW only, of course, and you'd never know it
unless someone told you.  The famous K9EAB (SK), confined to iron lung,
fantastic sending and receiving on CW.    When you hear someone who's hard
to copy for whatever reason, remember the radio might well be his/her only
contact with the outside world, and, it could well happen to any of us.
Dave,K3TX