[TenTec] Orion 2 - Keypad issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 - Keypad issues
From: Dave-Boat Guy <anavig8or@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:58:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
I'm troubleshooting a friend's O2. Several keys don't work (10M, 12M,
A/B,VFO A enter, VFO B enter, 0 and .). Looking at the keypad
schematic it points to trouble on the ROW5 signal line. Pressing on
the back of the display board seems to fix the problem as long as you
apply a lot of pressure. I've determined that it is probably on the
keypad board.

Have there been any reported issues? Is there a write up on how to
remove the boards to gain access for touching up some solder
joints/vias.

Thanks

Dave