[TenTec] Orion QSK Settings

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion QSK Settings
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 18:56:16 -0400
I'm having trouble getting clear in my head the settings for QSK and
semi-QSK.

My Orion 1 has CW QSK Delay set at 0 for QSK and 10 for semi-QSK

I set the EX T/R Delay 1 at 10 for QSK and 40 for semi-QSK.

But, I'm not sure that's doing what I think.

Unlike other rigs, the Orion relay ticks along with my sending, even
when I use the setting above for semi-QSK.  Others rigs (my Omni 6)
leave the relay engaged until the delay had been met.

The amp's t/r relay doesn't seem very sensitive to the EXT T/R Delay
setting in the Orion.  Perhaps I have just not been very observant.

Does the EXT T/R Delay set the delay onset of RF to the relays to be
sure you're not hot switching?

Or, does the EXT T/R Delay set the amplifier's hang time?

73 de K1ESE
John