Re: [TenTec] New to me OMNI VI/OPT3 first impressions...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New to me OMNI VI/OPT3 first impressions...
From: Ed <w3nr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:29:34 -0400
Louis Ciotti wrote:

> First question:  For PSK31.  how are your guys hooked it??  I made a quick
> jumper from the line out to my PC line it.  seems to work, but the level
> seems a bit low, but then again I onle used it for like 15 minutes..

The audio out is a fixed value, but once you get the sound card gain
set, it works well. I use the RF gain as band conditions warrant. Your
current setup is all you need for RX.

I use a very simple interface, straight thru on the RX and a voltage
divider on the TX. Google psk31 interfaces and look around. I will say
there are some very expensive interfaces that are just overpriced for
all there is to them. I prefer to keep it simple. If you plan on using
RTTY then you will want to use the FSK keying. For FSK a 1k series
resistor and a connection to the TXD pin in the serial port is all that
is needed. It will require you to unplug the PTT line from your psk
interface tho.

TenTec mailing list