[TenTec] 9 MHz Mod - It works!

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 9 MHz Mod - It works!
From: Rick Williams <ve7asr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:53:09 -0700 (PDT)
As I mentioned in my earlier posting of the 9 MHz mod, I planned to use the mod
with an N8LP LP-PAN panadapter.  I've been beaten to the punch and another
Orion (565) owner has made the mod and has a PC based panadapter working quite
well.

In this case the 9 MHz signal is connected to an RFSpace SDR-IQ.  The mod works
and RFSpace has been approached to see if they can add support for the Ten-Tec
Orion to their software.

Good news!  Now all I need is my LP-PAN kit ...... Rumour has it that my kit is
part of the current production run (#2) and will be shipped soon!

If you missed the mod link the latest version is on my website:

      http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk

More to come!

73,
Rick