[TenTec] Corsair II with separate receiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II with separate receiver
From: "George E. Clark" <clageog@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
Because in certain conditions my Corsair II doesn't receive as well as my QRP
rig, an ICOM 703 Plus, I'm interested in the possibility of operating the
Corsair as transmitter and the ICOM as receiver, using a relay such as that
described at http://www.ad5x.com/images/Articles/AntennaRelay.pdf .

I have a few questions.  You may think of more questions, or have suggestions
of other ways to work this problem without much outlay of cash.

1) Which output on the Corsair II do I use to drive the relay, the one for an
amplifier?

2) Does that driver meet the specs for the relay described in the link above?

3) This might not be a relevant question for this list, but what on the 703 can
I connect to the mute terminal on the switch to mute the receiver when I'm
transmitting in SSB?

Thoughts appreciated.

George, W1XW