Re: [TenTec] OT Antenna Tuners

To: Tentec list <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Antenna Tuners
From: Marinus Loewensteijn <zl2ml@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:48:32 +0800
I have not been following the thread closely. However I disagree with the
statement that the
input unun is "just" a transformer. It is important that is understood that
this is an unun where
there is very tight coupling between input and output. Otherwise one gets a
shunt L and a series
L and that will translate the setup into a low pass T-match which will not
perform with the same
advantages. Similarly it is not an old fashioned link coupling. In the latter
case the coupling is
loose and the secondary is a tuned circuit.

Above 21 Mhz the stray capacitance becomes noticeable and together with the
(for the higher
frequencies) rather large steps of the toroid - switch (combined in one item)
limit the matching

I am more than happy with the performance of this ATU for coax : coax matching.
It is serving
me FB.

73, Marinus, Zl2ML

SEEK New Zealand's #1 jobsite