[TenTec] Ten-Tec 580 Delta

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 580 Delta
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:25:27 -0700 (PDT)
  I'm repairing a 580 Delta that I recently purchased for little to nothing
since it had lots of problems. Lots of parts fried on the low-level driver
board, power switch rewired to switch the incoming 12V ( didn't burn up the
switch, amazing), power connector removed and wires soldered directly, and the
most idiot mod yet the vfo  center shaft was sawed off and the knob installed
on the outer shaft which makes for very fast tuning. After rewiring and
replacing all bad parts and rebuilding the VFO it came right up with receiver
sensitivity of about 1uv ( should be a little better) and 100 watts out on CW.
Tomorrow I will go through a complete tune up and see where I stand. Now the
request I have. In working on the Delta, I found I am missing pages 5-14 and
5-15 of my instruction manual. This is the IF amplifier schematic  page and I
think the second page of the second mixer. If anyone could email a scanned copy
I would appreciate it, or it someone could
 tell me where I could down load a copy. I don't want to buy a new manual from
TT for just one page.

73 Jim K4CGY