Re: [TenTec] Problem with the power out on my Omni D

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem with the power out on my Omni D
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 14:58:46 -0400
Ivin,

I used to have an Omni D and I had Ten-Tec go over it completely before I
gave it to my Grandson.  One item they found was bad grounds.  I would
assume that you might have some oxidized connections.  I would make sure all
of the boards are seated well as well as any screws for grounding on the
boards are tight.  If in doubt, I would put some contact cleaner on the
plugs for the boards after removing them and re-inserting the boards.  Also
make sure that your cable from the power supply has good connections at each
end.

I would start by unplugging the power supply to the rig cable and plugging
it back in again.  If that fails, I would open the case and make sure all of
the screws in the corners of the printed circuit boards are snug.  They
don't need to be tight because you don't want to crack the board, but must
be snug.  I would then continue in checking for connections.  Also open the
power supply and be sure that the ground connections in it have not
oxidized.

GL es 73,
John