Re: [TenTec] EMP Product Obsolescence

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] EMP Product Obsolescence
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@gti.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:32:11 -0400
I can't confirm this but I read somewhere that blowing sand caused a
static charge buildup on antennas which zapped receiver front ends.  The
  rumored fix was to bring some R390 receivers out of mothballs!

Maybe you can find info on this at the Army Communicator magazine web
site. They have articles from back issues posted.

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF