Re: [TenTec] some advice to help a blind ham

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] some advice to help a blind ham
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:19:07 +0000
Used Paragon's and Omni V, VI should be available. The Paragon is a very good
rig (I've had 4) and should be the best price for your friend. Voice board
worked in it, but understand, that the only thing it announces is Tmt Freq, not
SWR or anything like that. Built in keyer works fine.
For limited sight, however, the Paragon display is much smaller than that of
the Omni V or VI. That's another consideration.

Best of luck with your decision. Look them over carefully on the TenTec Wiki

If he can work with 1/2" display of freq, perhaps an older Omni D would fill
the bill at much less cost. They're great SSB and CW rigs. Sorry, I don't know
the limitations of hes eyesight loss.

Dave
WA3MKB

From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>