Re: [TenTec] OT: logging programs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: logging programs
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:28:38 -1000
Thank you all for the advice on logging programs. I found the utility in
Hyperlog to create an ADIF file. That worked fine and I imported that
file into DXKeeper. It all seems to be working, including rig frequency
read and control.

So far the contact entry does not seem very easy to use. Maybe there are
some hints I can pick up if I decide to give a bunch of personal
information to Yahoo. If DXKeeper does not "grow on me" I'll try some of
the others.

One feature I really want is to see previous QSOs with a station as soon
as I enter the callsign. I like to be reminded of a name and QTH for a
station I worked years ago. It would also be nice if the QSO entry
looked like a new line in the log sheet, instead of a bunch of spaces
spread out in a somewhat random manner in two dimensions instead of on
just one line.

My 23 years of computer log has not been lost, and I have several copies
of it, so I'll be able to play with many programs until I find one I
like. I'd rather be making QSOs than downloading, installing and
learning how to use programs though.

DE N6KB