Re: [TenTec] OmniVI+ 30M L.O. instability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OmniVI+ 30M L.O. instability
From: "Jack Mandelman" <modeler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 13:34:45 -0400
Ron,

Please check the output (scope and freq counter) from the 5.0-5.5MHz PLL.
Since it's dropping out on all bands while tuning the 5.0-5.5MHz oscillator,
I suspect that you are losing output from the synthesized vfo.  If you can
confirm that behavior, you can then dig deeper.

I'm not very familiar with the Omni V, but I would think that the PLL
synthesized vfo is similar to the Omni VI.

73,
Jack K1VT

Hi Steve and Others

I have am Omni V that dies if the ambient temperature goes above 25 C (77
F).
Mine dies on all bands. It dies on the low end first and moves up  the band.
A further warning of trouble is that  the sigs. both RX and TX have a rough,
choppy sound.  One suggestion was to recap the rig and\or use a TCXO
in place of the MO.

Ron
K3MIY