Re: [TenTec] Omni VI frequency error

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI frequency error
From: Rick Denney <rick@rickdenney.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:09:36 -0400
Steve Hunt writes...

> My OmniVI frequency readout is consistently 130Hz high on all bands and
> all modes; in other words if I accurately tune in a station on 14,200KHz
> the frequency read out will be 14,200.130.

I have Carl Moreshi's (N4PY) chip in my Omni V, making it an Omni V.9.
One feature he provided was resetting the displayed frequency to
correct this problem. Since his objective was to add some Omni VI
features to the V, I'm wondering if the VI doesn't have this feature.
It's a matter of zero-beating WWV and then pressing the right buttons,
which then resets the displayed frequency to 10.000 MHz. As I
understand it, the display shows the frequency intended by the
microprocessor, and does not actually count the frequency tuned by the
oscillator.

Rick, KR9D